Well hello hello and welcome back to #QUICKFIC, Faber Academy’s flash fiction competition. We’ve had some Academy shake ups and some holidays and some bank holiday breaks, but a new month dawns and with it comes #QUICKFIC.
I teased your prompt last night, but you’ll shortly be seeing the full version. First though, the oh so strict rules!
- Further down the page is a prompt. Stare at it for a bit. Really let it inspire you.
- Alchemy like, I want you to take turn that simple prompt into a piece of fiction 250 words or less.
- Copy that piece into the body of an email, making sure to include the title and the word count, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do all that by 2:50 pm today.
- At 3:30 pm I’ll reveal your winner and runners up!
The winner is not just a winners in my heart and mind and on the pages of this blog. They also get a prize in the form of these lovely books:
Some cracking new releases in there just to really sweeten the pot.
With all that said and done here is the main event! The prompt itself:
I’ll see you at 3:30.
By entering Faber Academy’s flash fiction competition #QUICKFIC , you’re granting us non-exclusive worldwide permission to reprint your story on our website should you win.