Welcome welcome, to the last #QUICKFIC, Faber Academy’s Flash Fiction competition of 2018. I merrily skip off after this week and wanted to give you something a little bit different to celebrate the season and the end of 2018.
Now under normal circumstances here is where I’d go through the rules and most of you nod impatiently because you’re old hats by now and know what you’re doing. This week there’s a twist, so pay attention!
- You’re about to see three different prompts, numbered 1, 2 and 3.
- This week you can pick whichever prompt you like the look of the best and write a piece of flash fiction 250 words or less on it.
- You can only choose one though, so choose wisely! No multiple entries please.
- Give your piece a title, copy it into the body of an email and tell me the wordcount and which number prompt you wrote the piece based on (this is important!)
- Send that email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2:50 pm today
At 3:30 we announce the winner of this bumper crop of books:
Got it? Three prompts, choose your favourite, write a piece and we’ll choose our favourite, then all our days will be merry and bright. Here are your prompts:
Go go go! Write away!
By entering Faber Academy’s flash fiction competition #QUICKFIC , you’re granting us non-exclusive worldwide permission to reprint your story on our website should you win.