Good day, flash fiction fans!
A brand new QuickFic prompt awaits you. If you already know all the How To Play guff, scroll on down!
But if this is your first time, or you want to check you’ve been doing it right, the particulars:
- We’re about to show you a prompt. It’s a first line this week!
- You should look at that prompt and then write a story, of 250 words or less, inspired by it
- Send us that story, in the body of an email (attachments slow us down; don’t slow us down), by 2:50 this very afternoon. We’re firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to give it a title
- You might win some books
- These books:
- But not the biscuit tin. That’s Ian’s, and he would be cross.
- The biscuit tin is empty by the way. It has been for weeks.
- Send biscuits!
Anyway. Enough particulars. Shall we have a look at that prompt?
Here it is:
Well now. Maybe he’s run out of biscuits too?
See you back here this afternoon!
By entering our QuickFic writing competitions, you’re granting us non-exclusive worldwide permission to reprint your story on our website should you win. The winner will also get a chance to win a place on one of our Start to Write one day courses, because at the end of the year we’ll be choosing our favourite of all the winners – the champion of champions, basically.
For more creative writing exercises, click here.