Are we ready to get our QuickFic year kicked off?
WE SURE ARE.
Shall we have a quick reminder of the rules, just in case we’ve got a bit dusty over the break?
We’re about to show you a prompt. You should:
- Look at the prompt for a bit
- Be struck by inspiration; a bolt from the blue with a story that must be told!
- Write that story (250 words or less)
- Give that story a title (don’t let us be in charge of that, we’re rubbish)
- Send that story to email@example.com, in the body of an email and including your wordcount, by 2:50 this very afternoon
At 3:30, we’ll announce our winner, who’ll win these wonderful books:
Okay. Ready for that prompt?
Here it is:
See you back here at 3:30…
By entering our QuickFic writing competitions, you’re granting us non-exclusive worldwide permission to reprint your story on our website should you win. The winner will also get a chance to win a place on one of our Start to Write one day courses, because at the end of the year we’ll be choosing our favourite of all the winners – the champion of champions, basically.
For more creative writing exercises, click here.