Your tutor is a vital element of your online writing course experience – but what will they be doing for you?
During your online course your tutors will work within the virtual classroom to:
- Read your posts and monitor your progress via the forums most days.
- Answer all queries about assignments posted to the forums within 24 hours.
- Monitor the quality of peer-to-peer critiquing to ensure you all receive effective and useful feedback in each session.
- Sum up every session’s discussions with a final post to each topic forum addressing general issues raised during the fortnight and your responses to assignments.
- Offer you a one-to-one Skype or phone tutorial in Session 2 to discus your novel idea.
- Provide around 10 minutes (about 1,500 words) of individual audio feedback on the opening of your novel and your developing voice in session 4.
- Give individual written feedback on your research interests and questions on the publishing industry in Sessions 9 and 12.
- Host at least five live web-chats at key points during the course. These are archived so that you can read online or download to read offline.
- Answer specific queries about assignments by email.
- Write a detailed final report of up to 2,000 words on your final submission.